1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file, consisting of a string of information of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when a person accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a person’s device.
2. HOW CAN A USER DISABLE OR BLOCK COOKIES?
You can also restrict or block cookies, which are set during your use of the Website by changing your browser’s settings. Some features of the Website may not work if you completely disable cookies, but many types of cookies may be blocked without having an impact on the Website’s usability. We advise you to check the information in your browser’s help section for specific instructions on how to manage cookies.
For general information about cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that this link is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and does not constitute an approval of any information or opinion by Cara Exec Search. We bear no responsibility of the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers or questions regarding its content.
3. WHY AND HOW ARE COOKIES USED BY CARA EXEC SEARCH?
There are broadly four reasons why a cookie might be stored on your device when visiting the Website:
- cookies that make the Website work properly for you and enable you to browse the Website securely;
- cookies that collect data about your use of the Website which is used to help Cara Exec Search to improve online products and/or services;
- cookies that remember your preferences and make the Website easier for you to use; and
- cookies that are placed by third party services we make use of to enhance the information we presents online. Cara Exec Search has no control over these third party cookies.
These cookies are placed on your device either by us or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the Website.
Some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit the Website, while others persist for a longer specified or unspecified period.
4. HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
5. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED BY CARA EXEC SEARCH
We use several types of cookies. Some are essential, while others you can disable or block. Disabling or blocking some cookies may affect the functionality of the online products and/or services, and of the Website.
The below explanations should help you to make informed choices about the information you provide to us and any third parties when you visit the Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cara Exec Search website is hosted by GoDaddy|
Last Revised: 19/12/2019
You’re in control
Other than for those that are considered “essential” (more on that below), if you do not wish to accept these technologies in connection with your visit to or use of our sites, services, applications, tools or messaging, you may visit our Manage Settings page, and may also exercise any of the additional options that are described below.
What are cookies, web beacons and similar technologies
These technologies are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device (“collectively, a “device”) that allows us to record information when you visit or interact with our websites, service, applications, messaging, and other tools. Though often these technologies are generically referred to as “Cookies,” each functions slightly differently, and is better explained below:
Cookies: Cookies are small (often encrypted) text files placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
• Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
• First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time in order to preserve your settings (e.g., while on our site).
• Third-party cookies are placed in your browser by a website, or domain, that is not the website or domain that you are currently visiting. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Web beacons: A web beacon (also called “tracking pixels” or “image tags”) is a small file (most often a transparent, 1×1 GIF file) that is loaded on our web pages. These pixels may work in concert with cookies to collect information about your visit, your web browser/device, browsing activity, or onsite behavior and provide that information to service providers. Pixels are most commonly used to collect anonymous traffic metrics (page visits, button clicks, order completion) used to analyze site performance.
Scripts: A script is a small piece of website code placed on our websites to power customer service tools like live chat, allow for the delivery of video tutorials in our help section, and allow us to provide interactive experiences to visitors. They are also used to collect data that we use for website analytics, or to provide data on the effectiveness of our advertising.
Similar technologies: Technologies that store information in your browser or device utilizing local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers. In some instances, these technologies may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. We do not use these technologies for storing information to target advertising to you on or off our sites.
What technologies do we use and why
Our cookies, web beacons and similar technologies serve various purposes, but generally they
(1) are necessary or essential to the functioning of our sites, services, applications, tools or messaging, (2) help us improve the performance of or provide you extra functionality of the same,
(3) help us to serve relevant and targeted advertisements, or (4) allow us to offer support tools that you utilize to interact with our care guides:
Strictly Necessary or Essential: “Strictly necessary” or “essential” cookies, web beacons and similar technologies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. Without these technologies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. Please note that these technologies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Accepting these technologies is a condition of using our sites, services, applications, tools or messaging, so if you utilize tools that might prevent these from loading, we can’t guarantee your use or how the security therein will perform during your visit.
Performance: Performance technologies may include first or third-party cookies, web beacons/pixels, and scripts placed in order to gather information about how you use our website (pages you visit, if you experience any errors, load times). These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our website works, understand the interests of our users, and measure how effective our content is by providing anonymous statistics and data regarding how our website is used.
Advertising: Advertising technology may include first or third-party cookies, web beacons/pixels, and scripts placed in order to gather information on the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, deliver personalized content, or to generate data that allows for the delivery of advertising relevant to your specific interests on our sites, as well as third-party websites. We also utilize 3rd party service providers to assist us in delivering on the same functions, which means that our authorized service providers may also place cookies, web beacons and similar technologies on your device via our services (first and third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP address, or other unique or device identifiers.
Support: Support technologies may include first or third-party cookies, web beacons / pixels, and scripts placed in order to provide tools for you to interact with our customer support teams. This technology allows us to provide chat services, gather customer feedback, and other tools used to support our visitors. Data collected for these purposes is never used for marketing or advertising purposes.
How to manage, control and delete these technologies
You may manage certain cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we place by visiting our Manage Settings control panel. You may also visit our “Advertising Preferences” link in the footer of our webpages.
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.